- Hatem Ben Arfa : It’s Dark and gloom again
- Sunderland fans react to Steven Taylor wanted move to Stadium of Light
- This player tried to engineer a move to Sunderland from Newcastle
- Summer transfer plan: Benitez has a surprise for you
- Patrick Kluivert owed criminal gang over €1M in gambling debts
- Rafa Benitez to Newcastle fans: Stop booing my boys
- Should Newcastle sign Jermaine Defoe?
- Moussa Sissoko talks now about Tottenham exit
- Surprise Poll Results – This Goalkeeper Number One
- Benitez wants Mo Diame in a new role
2 players now heading home from African Cup of Nations
- Updated: January 29, 2017
Mohamed Diame and Henri Saivet crashed out of the African Cup of Nations on Saturday.
Senegal losing 5-4 on penalties after the game finished 0-0 after extra time.
Mane missed the crucial fifth penalty after Newcastle’s Saivet had scored the fourth for Senegal.
Not sure what it tells us but whilst Saivet started yesterday’s quarter-final, as well as the second group game and was a sub in the first, Mohamed Diame was only used in the third group match which was a dead rubber after Senegal had already won the first two and qualified for the quarter-finals.
Regardless, Diame is now free to head home to Newcastle and will be joined by either Mbemba or Atsu, as it is DR Congo v Ghana on Sunday.
The winners of that game then play their semi-final on Thursday.